400 grams chicken
400 grams pork, cut into 1” cubes
8 cloves large garlic, crushed
3 tbsp. vinegar
1/4 tsp. cracked peppercorns
2 tbsp. patis
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. oil
1 cup chicken stock
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 stalk lemongrass, crushed with cleaver
1/4 kg. milagrosa or dinorado rice
1/4 kg. malagkit (glutinous rice), washed
1 cup coconut milk, the first pure extract, then add one cup water to extract remaining mix
10 grams dilaw (turmeric), crushed
1/4 cup fried and sliced Chinese chorizo
1/4 cup raisins
1. Sauté the chicken and pork with half a teaspoon of garlic and pork fat. Brown everything gently.
2. Add vinegar and patis and braise gently. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a deep pan or kawali, heat oil and sauté half a teaspoon of garlic.
4. Add onion, bay leaf, lemongrass, rice, coconut milk, chicken stock, and turmeric.
5. Continue cooking while folding mixture regularly.
6. Line the bottom of another pan with a banana leaf. Pour in the rice mixture and top with chicken and pork adobo, Chinese sausage and raisins. Cover for 15 minutes.