1 tbsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1/4 cup hulled squash or watermelon seeds
1 1/2 cups uncooked kamote chips
1/4 cup dried dilis
1/4 cup dried shrimps
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. panocha
1 tbsp. tamarind puree
1 tbsp. patis
1 tsp. chili-garlic paste
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. chili flakes
1. Roast sesame seeds in pan until golden. Set aside.
2. Bake cashew nuts until golden. Set aside.
3. Bake watermelon or squash seeds. Set aside.
4. Deep-fry kamote chips, dilis and shrimps. Drain and leave on pan. You can use other kinds of crispy dried fish like danggit, palad or tinik if you don’t like dilis.
5. Make the glaze: Combine sugar and panocha in a pot. Cook over low heat until slightly caramelized. Add tamarind puree, patis, chili-garlic paste, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder and chili flakes. Simmer for a while, then remove from heat.
6. Mix peanuts, sesame seeds, cashew nuts and watermelon/squash seeds with the chips, nuts and dried seafood in the pan. Pour glaze over the mixture and cool. Serve while crispy.