Home About Techniques Contact
Sunday, January 18, 2015

Granna’s Famous Baked Beans

How to make Granna’s Famous Baked Beans Recipe - It’s not a party unless my beautiful “Granna” has a piping hotpot of her famous baked beans ready for eating. I will never forget the two years my husband I lived with my grandparents while I was in dental hygiene school. My Granna had three course meals prepared every single night when we came home from a hard day of school and work. I am telling you, it was a dream. We get a good laugh looking back at pictures of those two years. My husband and I had the chubbiest cheeks thanks to Granna’s good cooking. Thank you, sweet grandparents, for taking care of us!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
1 28-ounce can baked beans
1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
3 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.

2. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or medium ovenproof pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the baked beans, brown sugar, and molasses, stirring to combine. Top with the bacon pieces and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and beans are bubbly.
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Law © 2015 Taste USA All Right Reserved
Designed by USA