Tamarind prawns with garlic noodles
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 tbsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. Japanese soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic oil
500 grams cooked spaghetti
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. garlic
250 grams prawns, shelled with tails intact
1 1/2 tbsp. tamarind paste
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. To make the sauce, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add ginger, garlic powder, and fresh garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
3. Whisk in soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey and oils.
4. Simmer for 3 minutes over medium heat and use as directed.
5. Heat 7 tablespoons of the prepared sauce (allotting approximately 2 tablespoons of the sauce for every 170 grams of noodles) in a pan and toss in pasta.
6. Pan-fry until heated through. Transfer onto serving plates or platter.
7. Using the same pan, sauté garlic in butter. Pan-fry prawns until half-done.
8. Whisk in tamarind paste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Continue cooking until the prawns are just done.
10. Turn off fire and blend in cilantro.
11. Pour over prepared noodles and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
12. Serve immediately. Yields 3 servings.