1 tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. garlic
1 tbsp. sliced red onions
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1/3 cup cabbage, sliced
3 tbsp. carrot strips
1/3 cup stock (Chinese ham stock)*
1 1/2 cup bihon
salt, pepper and MSG
2 tbsp. chopped pork fat (w/o skin, finely chopped)
2 tbsp. chicken skin, finely chopped
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 pcs. camaron rebosado*
To make the Chinese ham stock:
Boil 12 cups of water, vegetables trimmings and ham bone and a few slices of Chinese ham. Simmer for an hour.
For the camaron:
Mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 egg, 2 tbsp. oil and 2/3 cup of water. Dip shelled shrimps with tails intact and deep fry until golden brown.
To make Pasig chicharon:
Heat approximately 1 1/2 cups of oil in a shallow pan. Season pork fat and chicken skin with salt and dredge in flour. Deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden. Use as required.
1. Sauté garlic and onions in oil until fragrant.
2. Add in soy sauce. Stir-fry vegetables until half-done.
3. Pour in stock. Bring to a boil and add in noodles.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and MSG.
5. Transfer onto a serving plate and top with “Pasig Chicharon,”* camaron rebosado, and sliced red onions.
6. Serve immediately with calamansi. Traditionally eaten with pan de sal or puto.