2 cups malagkit rice flour
3/4 cup water
1/8 cup malagkit rice flour
6 cups water
2 cups grated coconut
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted and slightly pounded or bruised
1. Combine the 2 cups of malagkit rice flour and water in a bowl. Mix well until mixture turns into a dough.
2. Dust hands and fingers with malagkit rice flour to prevent dough from sticking to hands and palms.
3. Take 2 teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll into a ball. Flatten mixture against the palm.
4. In a sauce pot, boil the 6 cups of water. Drop each palitao one at a time into the boiling water, taking care that the palitao do not stick to each other. When a palitao floats to the surface, remove them using a skimmer and transfer to a plate or tray.
5. Roll each palitao in the grated coconut.
6. Combine sugar and toasted sesame seeds. Top each palitao with the mixture.