2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. sliced red onions
3 pcs. pork strips
1 tbsp. dried shrimps
3 pcs. shrimps, shelled
2 tbsp. carrot strips
1 tbsp. green beans, sliced
1 /4 cup sliced cabbage
1 tbsp. sliced onion leeks
1/2 cup dried squid stock*
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 1/2 cups bihon noodles, washed
1 pc. dried squid, flaked
To make the stock:
Boil 5 cups of water, vegetable trimmings and a piece of dried squid and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavor is extracted from the squid.
1. Sauté garlic and onion in oil.
2. Add pork and dried shrimps and cook for a minute or until brown.
3. Add shrimps and vegetables and stir-fry until done. Remove half of the meatvegetable mixture and set aside.
4. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Toss in noodles and season with fish sauce and pepper.
5. Remove from fire and transfer to a serving plate.
6. Top with reserved topping and flaked squid.
7. Serve immediately. Can be partnered with monay or pan di limon.