Kalamay na kalabasa (Visayan)
3 cups cooked and mashed kalabasa
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups galapong malagkit
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Cut the kalabasa and remove the skin and seeds. Cut into 2-inch cubes. Cook until softened and strain until dry. Set aside.
2. In a casserole, combine the kalabasa, brown sugar, galapong malagkit, butter, coconut milk and vanilla.
3. Boil until thickened for 1–2 hours.
4. Line a 9-inch pan using banana leaves. Brush with butter then refrigerate.
5. Serve cold. Top with latik and 1 cup coconut milk (kakang gata) on the side.