125 grams sotanghon (soaked in water for 45 minutes)
5 pcs. squid, cleaned, cut into rings with ink sacs reserved
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup vinegar
4 cups water or broth
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped onion
1. In a pan, sauté garlic in oil until fragrant. Add in squid, reserved ink sacs (from the squid) and vinegar. Simmer for 5 minutes without stirring.
2. Pour in half of the stock and bring to a boil.
3. Remove squid and set aside.
4. Drain the soaked noodles and cut or tear into shorter strands (about 5 inches) for easier cooking and serving.
5. Blend noodles into the broth and season with salt and pepper. Pour in remaining stock and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Transfer into a serving platter and top with the cooked squid and garlic-onion topping.* Serves 3.