Dried fish noodles
250 grams sotanghon, soaked in 6 cups
water for at least 45 minutes, cut into approximately 4-inch lengths
1 cup diced dried salted fish (maya-maya
or lapu-lapu), soaked in 2 cups water for at least 30 minutes
3 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup sliced red onions
1 pc. red chili, sliced
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup calamansi juice
3 tbsp. patis
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sliced spring onions
1/4 cup toasted garlic
1. Drain noodles and fish separately and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, sauté garlic in oil. Add fish cubes, onions, and chili. Cook for a few minutes.
3. Discard half of the mixture and pour in stock, juice, patis, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil.
4. Toss in noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Transfer on a serving platter and top with the reserved fish mixture, spring onions, and toasted garlic. Serve immediately. Yields 3 servings.