Crispy canton with quekiam sauce
250 grams pancit Canton
oil for deep frying
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
4 pcs. quekiam, sliced
1/4 cup oyster sauce
8 pcs. shrimps, shelled
1/2 cup broccoli, cut into florettes
1/2 cup cauliflower, cut into florettes
2 cups stock
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. five-spice powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. cornstarch, dispersed in 2 tsbp. rice wine and 1 tsp. sesame oil
1. Deep fry noodles in hot oil.
2. Drain excess oil and set aside on a platter.
3. In another pan, sauté garlic and onions in oil. Add quekiam and stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Blend in oyster sauce, shrimps and vegetables and stir fry just until the shrimps turn pink.
5. Remove quekiam, shrimps, and vegetables and set aside.
6. Increase heat and pour in stock, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and pepper.
7. Bring to a boil and thicken with the cornstarch-wine-oil mixture.
8. Blend in vegetables, shrimps, and quekiam and simmer for 30 seconds.
9. Pour over fried noodles. Serve immediately. Serves 4.