Crispy bihon with crab sauce
200 grams bihon noodles
oil for deep-frying
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 1/2 tbsp. diced roasted red bell pepper
2/3 cup crab meat
3/4 cup stock, preferably seafood
3 tbsp. cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. AA powder, dispersed in 2 tbsp.
roasted red bell pepper
1. Deep-fry bihon in oil until puffed (about 6 seconds). Drain excess oil and place on a serving platter.
2. Sauté garlic and onions in oils. Add red bell pepper and crab meat and cook for a few seconds.
3. Pour in stock and cream and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Thicken sauce with the AA powder slurry. Turn off fire and pour over the fried noodles.
5. Garnish top with a few strips of roasted red bell pepper.
6. Serve immediately. Yields 2 servings.