Buchi de leche
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
4 cups malagkit rice flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup langka preserves, pureed
1 1/4 cup condensed milk
6 pcs. egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup water
1 cup water
3 cups cooking oil
1/2 tsp. pandan extract
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour, salt, langka and condensed milk. Simmer over low heat while stirring continuously.
2. Add egg yolks, vanilla and butter to the langka mixture and cook for 5–7 minutes or until set. Set aside langka mixture.
3. Add 3/4 cup water to malagkit rice flour. Mix until well combined. Knead mixture until it becomes a dough.
4. Roll dough into a log. Cut into 48 equal portions. Form into discs.
5. On the center of the discs, put 1 tablespoon of the langka mixture. Seal the edges, towards the center to enclose the filling.
6. Dip buchi balls in cold water just enough to moisten. Do not allow the balls to absorb too much water.
7. Roll buchi balls on a platter of sesame seeds. Coat very well. Press balls.
8. Deep fry buchi balls until golden brown. Put in paper towels to take-out excess oil.