Home About Techniques Contact
Monday, January 19, 2015

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup

How to make BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup Recipe -  I remember the day this recipe idea came to mind. I could hardly wait to prepare it, to see if it was as good as it was in my imagination. I wasn’t sure how this soup would go over when I shared it on Picky Palate, but it continues to get rave reviews. It is so simple, takes only 15 minutes to prepare, and has all of the irresistible flavors of a BBQ chicken pizza. This soup works great as a light dinner or as a side to pizza and salad.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 11-ounce can corn with peppers, drained
1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1⁄2 cup prepared BBQ sauce
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Method:
1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken breast and corn and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth, cilantro, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic salt and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until ready to serve. Garnish each bowl with shredded mozzarella cheese. Green Chili Chicken and Lime Soup After one bite of a chicken and lime soup I ordered at a one of my family’s favorite restaurants, I knew I had to go home and re-create all of the wonderful flavors I fell in love with. No kidding, I scurried home and developed this recipe that tastes nearly identical. This is now one of ourfavorite soups to prepare. Serve with dollops of avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Law © 2015 Taste USA All Right Reserved
Designed by USA