Burger King Bk Broiler
Yield: 1 Servings
3/4 c water
2 t ketchup
1 t salt
1/4 t liquid smoke
1/8 t pepper
1/8 t oregano
1 ds onion powder
1 ds parsley
2 chicken breast fillets
4 sesame seed hamburger buns
1 1/3 c lettuce,Chopped
1/4 c mayonnaise
1. Make the marinade by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Prepare the chicken by cutting each breast in half. Fold a piece of plastic wrap around each piece of chicken and pound the meat with a tenderizing mallet until it is about 1/4-inch thick and about the same diameter as the hamburger buns. Place the chicken into the marinade, cover it, and chill for at least four hours. Overnight is even better.
3. Preheat your barbecue or indoor grill to high heat. Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done.
4. Toast the faces of the hamburger buns in a pan or griddle, in a toaster over, or facedown on the grill. Watch the buns closely to be certain that the faces turn only light brown and do not burn.
5. Build each sandwich from the top down by first spreading about a tablespoon of the mayonnaise on the toasted face of a top bun.
6. Spread about 1/3 cup of chopped lettuce over the mayonnaise.
7. Arrange two tomato slices on the lettuce.
8. Place a chicken breast on the toasted face of the bottom bun.
9. Flip the top part of the sandwich over onto the bottom. Serves 4.