Yield: 16 Servings
3 c basic brownie mix,see recipe
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
3/4 c walnuts,chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In an 8- or 9-inch square pan, stir together Basic Brownie Mix, eggs, vanilla, and nuts until dry ingredients are well moistened.
2. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out barely moist, 20 to 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
3. Cool brownies on a wire rack, then cut into squares.
4. Double Chocolate Brownies: Stir 1 package (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips into the batter.
5. Quick-Iced Brownies: Break up 1 or 2 milk chocolate bars into squares. After removing brownies from oven, place chocolate pieces on top and spread chocolate as it melts.