Monggo tagalog (Balatong)
1 1/2 cup cooked green monggo
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. onion, sliced
1 tbsp. tomato, sliced
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 cup pork, sliced
1/2 cup shrimps, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup smoked fish (tinapa) flakes
3 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1/2 cup dahon ng ampalaya or malunggay
salt and pepper
1. For monggo: Soak beans for 2 to 4 hours in water. Boil in water until beans are tender. Strain and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion and tomato in oil. Add pork, shrimps and smoked fish flakes.
3. Pour in monggo and chicken stock.
4. Season with fish sauce to taste. Lastly, add the dahon ng ampalaya or malunggay.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.