Monggo, Ilocos style
1 1/2 cups yellow monggo
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. onion, sliced
1 pc. tomato, sliced
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 cup shrimps, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup pork, sliced
1/2 cup sitaw, cut into 2” pcs.
1/2 cup eggplant, sliced
2 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp. anchovy (bagoong Balayan)
1 tbsp. patis
1/4 cup malunggay leaves
1. For monggo: Soak beans for 2 to 4 hours in water. Boil in water until beans are tender. Strain and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, onion and tomato in oil. Add shrimps and pork.
3. Pour in monggo, sitaw, eggplant and chicken stock.
4. Season with bagoong balayang and fish sauce to taste and cook to desired thickness.
5. Serve with malunggay on top.