Monggo car-car style
1 1/4 cup yellow or green monggo (mung beans)
1/4 cup dried squid, sliced into matchsticks
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. onion, chopped
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. pork
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 cup chicharon, cut into small cubes
salt and pepper
1. For monggo: Soak beans for 2 to 4 hours in water. Boil in water until beans are tender.
2. For the dried squid: Soak the dried squid for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add squid and pork.
4. Pour in monggo and chicken stock.
5. Season with fish sauce to taste.
6. Serve with chicharon on top.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.