Kinunot na pagi
1/2 kg. pagi (ray)
1/2 cup gata (coconut cream)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
10 grams ginger, cut into strips
1 tbsp. vinegar
10 grams bamboo shoots, cut into strips
2 pcs. siling sigang (cooking chilies)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the pagi about 10 minutes until the black skin can be removed. Drain the water to lessen the strong odor of the fish.
2. Remove the black skin and wad the meat, flake, then set aside.
3. In a carajay over high heat, boil coconut milk, garlic, onions, and ginger. Stir constantly.
4. When the oil appears, add the pagi flakes and vinegar.
5. When the fish is almost done, add the bamboo shoots and sili. Season with salt and pepper.