Ginataang sitaw at kalabasa sa balaw
1 1/2 tbsp. balaw
1 pc. calamansi, squeezed into the balaw
1 cup sitaw, cut 2” long
1 cup squash, sliced into serving pieces
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. shallots, sliced
1 1/2 tsp. ginger, sliced into strips
2 cups stock
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 pcs. finger chilies
salt and pepper
1. Wrap the balaw in banana leaf. Squeeze in calamansi and roast in an open fire for 2 minutes.
2. Blanch sitaw and squash in boiling water for 1 minute and 3 minutes respectively.
3. Sauté garlic in oil. Add shallots, balaw and ginger.
4. Add the stock and then the coconut milk.
5. Add sitaw, squash, finger chili. Simmer until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.