Fried lumpiang Tagaytay
1 tbsp chives
½ pc white onion, sliced
1 pc. white onion, sliced
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water and sliced
1 tsp. woodear mushrooms (tenga ng daga), soaked in warm water and sliced
1 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp. chicken stock
salt and pepper
For the sauce:
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. calamansi or lemon juice
1 tsp. sesame oil
1. Sauté onion and chives in butter then add the 3 kinds of mushrooms.
2. Add chicken broth and then let it simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon mixture into a lumpia wrapper and then roll. Seal edges with egg whites.
4. Deep fry. Drain and serve with the sauce.
5. For the sauce: Mix all the ingredients together.