3 1/2 cups malagkit rice flour
2 cups coconut milk, medium thick*
1 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. fine salt
1/2 cup toasted pinipig
1/2 cup grated fresh young coconut
1. Heat malagkit rice flour over medium heat until slightly browned. Set aside 1 cup of browned malagkit rice flour for dusting.
2. Boil coconut milk and granulated sugar then lower heat to simmer further.
3. Add vanilla and salt to coconut milk mixture.
4. Add malagkit rice to the mixture while stirring continuously. Cook until mixture forms thick paste. Add any of the optional ingredients.
5. Sprinkle a clean surface with a little toasted malagkit flour. Scraps paste on to dusted surface. Sprinkle with the rest of the toasted malagkit rice flour. Form into cylinders. Roll in toasted browned malagkit flour.
Notes and Tips:
1. To get an even smokier flavor, roast the coconut before grating on an open fire and extract the coconut milk.
2. One can add fresh buko meat to this recipe but must be consumed immediately.