Calabasa flan with honey butter sauce
2 pcs. (1/2–3/4 kg.) mature squash or yellow squash (calabasa)
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
10 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavor
pinch cinnamon powder
1/2 pc. dayap peel
1 1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. rum
Combine honey, butter and rum in a saucepan and cook over low heat. Turn the heat off when it starts to boil.
1. Wash the calabasa. Set aside. Bore a hole in it using a small knife.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour into the calabasa.
3. Wrap the calabasa with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 3250F to 3500F. Put in a bain marie and bake for 3–4 hours or until cooked.
4. Cool and refrigerate for 12 hours.
5. When cold, cut into wedges. Serve with honey sauce.