100 grams ground carabeef or ground beef
50 grams finely diced beef or carabeef liver
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. patis
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
3 tbsp. cooking oil
1 tbsp. pepper
pinch of salt
dash of chili sauce
300 grams Tuguegarao miki or thick miki noodles
2 pcs. eggs, fried sunny side up or poached with runny yolks
1 tbsp. chopped chives, for topping
For the stock:
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
50 grams onions, sliced
100 grams leeks, sliced
100 grams carrots, sliced
1 kilo beef bones
8 cups water
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. patis
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1. Sauté garlic, leeks, and carrots.
2. Add beef bones.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and keep
simmering and ready for blanching the noodles.
1. Marinate beef and liver with soy sauce and patis. Sauté garlic and onion in oil until lightly gold. Add ground beef and brown.
2. Add liver and remaining ingredients. Stir fry until bronze in color.
3. Blanch miki noodles in boiling stock. Arrange on a shallow bowl.
4. Top with sautéed carabao meat and liver.
5. Finish with a final topping of whole fried eggs and chopped chives.
6. Serve broth where noodles were dunked with a fresh egg drop for texture.
7. Serve noodles and soup with onion condiment.
2 tbsp. cane Vinegar (sukang Iloko)
1/4 cup chopped onions or shallots
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 pc. chili, chopped