Ampalaya con carne
1 cup beef, cut into strips
2 tbsp soda water
1 tsp. garlic, minced
3 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. onion, sliced
2 tbsp. tomato, sliced
1 cup ampalaya, blanched for 30 seconds
1/2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch diluted in 6 tsp. water
salt and pepper
1. Marinate beef in soda water for a few minutes.
2. Sauté garlic in oil then add onion.
3. Add the beef strips and the tomato.
4. Add the ampalaya. Season with fish sauce and oyster sauce.
5. Thicken with cornstarch slurry.
6. Season with salt and pepper.